Bouler Bouler is offline

Default Link Titanic disaster

"HEMI-Powered" schreef in bericht
snip
If I'm informed well, sueïng is a hobby in the USA and the amounts
of money they ask for minor things are high.

I doubt that, also. "Sue the *******!" may be a good slogan and an
easy way to earn money by going after those with deep pockets, but
often people feel very strongly about alleged product liability
injuring or killing their loved ones and there are all too many
tragic examples of corporate greed and callous disregard for the
public's safety. I can tell you more off-line if you ask about it.

Not nessecaryly, I think people in the USA are sueïng faster and
more than in The Netherlands.

Do you mean "not necesarily" or "not necessary"? The former means you
disagree with my thesis while the latter means you're not interested in
talking about this anymore. Sorry, but this time I can't follow your
English.

We have a sayïmng he "A small hole does a large ship sink".
That is possible with language too.
I simply meant I'm not interested in several story's about sueïng and and
how things ended.
Sorry for writing a word wrong so it had a total different meaning.

The Urban legend: "Dryïng a cat in the microwave" The cat died and
the microwavefactory is sued because it was not in the disclamer;-)

This was a joke Jerry, Urban Ledgends never happened.

A better example is this one, in my baileywick [sp?]: Ford has been
sued to the tune of billions of dollars, most of which is still in
litigation, for Ford Explorer SUV roll-over accidents once it became
apparent it was somewhat unstable and even more so when somebody
figured out that its Firestone tires were more vulnerable to handling
problems than other brands. Plaintiffs sued on the grounds that Ford
and Firestone knew of the defective handling and tendency to roll over
yet dragged their feet for serveral years before they even tried to fix
it. Here's the most outrageous one I'm aware of that I think is still
winding its way on the way to the Supreme Court:

Some Michigan woman traveling over 85 mph on rain and rainy snow on a
limited access highway has to brake hard and change lanes violently to
avoid hitting another vehicle. The Explorer rolls over multiple times
and lands in the median strip. She is kills but NOT by the trauma of
the rollover. She was not belted and was ejected out the driver's door
window and killed when the Explorer literally rolled OVER her. Then,
after the police investigated, it was found she was driving on a
license suspended for too many speeding violations! Wait, it gets FAR
worse!

Ford damn near beat the first round lawsuit by bringing in expert
witnesses and its own MVSS certification engineers and did a computer
simulation and ejection at that speed would have been fatal even if the
vehicle had NOT rolled on top of her, but if she HAD been fully belted
with the combined lap and shoulder belts, the forces could be proven on
a proving grounds crash simulator to be LESS than fatal. So, the
plaintiff's family's attorney said that Ford should have made the
window glass strong enough to keep her in the car!

Now it really gets ludicrous because Ford them brought in expert
witnesses and proved that even if it were technically feasible to put
strong enough glass in the door - which it is NOT - the blunt force
trauma of whacking a piece of 1" or more thick glass would have
instantly killed the woman just from a cranial injury to the brain.

And, the jury STILL returned a verdict of guilty for Ford and awarded
something over $150 million in ordinary and punitive damages to the
woman's estate! This was over 10 years ago, I know that Ford appealed
but lost and I think has managed to tie this up in court ever since.

Now, Ford also has several HUNDRED lawsuits still pendind, a couple of
dozen of which are so-called class-action suits involving multiple
plaintiffs and multiple injuries and deaths. Sorry to dive off the high
board on the technical crash engineering stuff but it is the only way
to explain how truly egegious this is.

So, please clarify what your sentence meaning is and how you'd like to
proceed here, if you do at all. Thanks, Bouler.

Wow what one word can do;-(
Lets stop talking about these things Jerry, they are to complicated for me
and I'm not interested enough.
--
Greetings
Bouler (The Netherlands)