HEMI - Powered[_2_] HEMI - Powered[_2_] is offline

Default NL - Friesland _ Prinsenhof _ tacking a skutsje - file 4 of 5 DSC_8043_bewerkt.jpg

wizofwas added these comments in the current discussion du jour ...

Born and raised in Clarkston, it was a great little town back
then. And I've
also lived in E. Lansing and Grand Blanc. Now I'm in St.
Petersburg, Fla. My one year of sailboat racing, we took 1st in
class (Tartan 10) in the Port Huron to Mackinaw race.

Really?! Help out a lazy Michigander, wiz. Clarkston is north of
Lapeer or NW, I can't remember which. I think the only time I've
been there, and it isn't more than maybe 30 miles from me, is for a
couple of funerals for the father or mother of one of my employees,
and then later when HE suddenly and tragicly dropped dead a few
years back after I'd retired.

Clarkston is due west of Lake Orion, so that would be SW of
Lapeer. Basicly it's at the intersection of Dixie Hwy, M 15 and
I 75. I have to say Dixie Hwy, because I think they changed the
number from US 10 to US 24, but I'm not susre, it's been a long
time since I've been there.

I must've blew right past this earlier today, wiz. Wow! I must have my
compass next to a magnet or something, as I thought Clarkston was the
other way or maybe I'm mixed up with the funeral home a little south of
downtown that I talked about earlier. Hmmm. Gotta broom the cobwebs out
of the old brain, methinketh! Now that I cogitate a little more, yes, I
get off I-75 at the Lapeer Road exit right by the Palace of Auburn
Hills where the Detroit Pistons play basketball but I keep going north
to some Michigan 2-lane highway. No, I must still be mixed up, think
I'll find a Michigan map and get myself turned around.

William Beaumont Hospital has a satellite medical building just south
of Lapeer, and just north of the Chrysler marshalling yard where I get
my company lease cars. I see my urologist out there. It is a 25 minute
rule out there and more than 2 gallons of gas but is FAR easier than
fighting the parking deck at Troy Beaumont which is only 6 miles from
my house. So, I trade some money and time for the convenience of
parking right by the door and only a short walk down the hall. In the
end, I actually SAVE time. And, Beaumont has full X-ray, CT, and MRI
services so I use them also.

Now, would you at all care to tell me what "wizofwas" means? I'd take a
wild stab at something like "wizard of was something or the other".
That at all close?

Also, would you care to go off-line and maybe get to know each other
via E-mail. I'd really like that as you and I can compare notes like
I've just started doing with Kingfisher. I'm also enjoying the Hell
outta talking to Bouler. If yes, do I un-munge your E-mail addy by just
taking out the "nospam"?

Hope you're agreeable, I think we can have some fun.

--
HP, aka Jerry

"You've obviously mistaken me for someone who gives a ****!"