Bouler Bouler is offline

Default NL - Friesland leeboards and 'sloepen' - file 01 of 10 leeboards-1.jpg

"Jeronimus" schreef in bericht
l.nl...

In addition to the discussions concerning leeboards and Bouler's
neighbour's toy some pictures of leeboards (or ships with them) and
'sloepen'.

In the old days the sloep (sloop) was used as a tender or sometimes
lifeboat on larger ships, nowadays quite the thing to go cruising the
Dutch canals in. They range in length from approximately 5 metres to 11
metres and in price from 15.000 Euros to upwards of 150.000 Euros. Some
have been to designed for speeds up to 30 knots others are equipped with
an electric or diesel-electric engine for slow cruising only.

Here my first wooden model I made maybe 25 years ago.
Same sort of ship.
--
Greetings
Bouler (The Netherlands)

Attached Thumbnails
NL - Friesland leeboards and 'sloepen' - file 01 of 10 leeboards-1.jpg-model-made-bouler.jpg