Bouler Bouler is offline

Default NL - Friesland _ Prinsenhof _ tacking a skutsje - file 4 of 5 DSC_8043_bewerkt.jpg

"HEMI-Powered" schreef in bericht
Bouler added these comments in the current discussion du jour ...

Which part do we have in common? Does The Netherlands have some
equivalent to our 2nd Amendment or do you just mean you think we
share views on guns, specifically gun control?

Thats the part I meant.

The latter, I'll assume.

Yep.

I'll just crack the door open
just a bit. If I were running things, I'd hardly ban guns except
for the kind which only are used to commit crimes or terrorism,
such as automatic weapons, assault rifles, etc. But, I'd strengthen
the laws similar to Great Britain where you could OWN pretty much
anything you wanted but must keep it in a controlled armory and
apply in writing to take it to wherever you proposed to use it for
target shooting, hunting, or perhaps a collecting show.

In The Netherlands we have a law too that allows some people wearing
guns. But they all should have a license.

We call that a CCW, Carry Concealed Weapon. Rules for that vary quite
widely amongst the "several states" but here in Michigan, one must
first get a permit to buy the handgun or other concealable firearm or
other weapon but that's relatively easy. Then one must submit to a
somewhat more rigorous background check for a CCW and be absent any
felony convictions but this requirement is often side-stepped or simply
ignored so people in Michigan should ASSUME that everyone they see on
the streets, in shops, in cars, anywhere are armed to the teeth.

Scary, I think I'll stay where I am;-)

Interstingly, one cannot carry a long gun such as rifle or shotgun in
the open or concealed, barrel length is limited to 20" or more so
sawed-off shotguns are illegal about everywhere, and one cannot even
throw a long gun into their rear seat. It must be either disassembledd
or stored in a secure case in the trunk of the vehicle or other wise
not easily visible from outside the vehicle. What makes this such a
peculiar law is that NO permit is required to buy a long-gun except to
fill out an application at the store and show a simple photo ID.

I never can get a licence, only when I am a member of a "shootingclub".
But I'm not so fond of guns.
--
Greetings
Bouler (The Netherlands)