Wilbur Hubbard[_2_] Wilbur Hubbard[_2_] is offline

Default Ping..Peggy Hall

"Steve Lusardi" wrote in message
Peggie,
As I mentioned before, bronze is absolutely out of the question with a
steel hull. They create a huge electrolysis issue which causes both valve
failure and steel corrosion throughout the hull. I think using plastic
within the sanitary system and 316 at the hull is the best compromise. The
reasoning is that the stainless will be continuously flushed with seawater
and only sometimes exposed to waste. The valve which will be continuously
exposed to waste will be plastic.
Steve

You don't actually expect any woman to understand electrolysis and how it
effects various metals placed side by side in salt water do you? It's
obvious she's clueless by her reply that totally failed to consider the
consequences of bronze and steel mated together.

Have you considered monel? Marvelous stuff! I understand it is compatible
with steel being an alloy nickel and copper with some iron.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monel

Wilbur Hubbard