Bruce in Bangkok[_7_] Bruce in Bangkok[_7_] is offline

Default Ping..Peggy Hall

On Tue, 13 May 2008 21:28:14 GMT, (Richard
Casady) wrote:

On Tue, 13 May 2008 12:29:00 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

Gregery:

My apologies to Peggie! Hope she mends well and soon.
I cannot imagine the strength required to "squeeze" or flex an 1 1/2"
hose on my boat. The lengths are much too short.

If there's a trick to it, please tell me or better yet come and
demonstrate.

If there is room, you can use your two biggest hammers. If not, get a
couple of five pound lead ingots. Hold one behind the hose and hit
the other side with the other.
They get scale out of the tubes in the biggest boilers by beating on
them with special power tools.

Casady

No! No! The proper technique is to remove the hose, take it to the
jetty and then beat the hose on the dock with a flailing motion.

This accomplishes two things. First the beating loosens the deposits
inside the hose and secondly, the flailing motion causes the deposits
to be ejected from the hose.

There is much discussion about the proper time to accomplish the
beating. Some argue for late at night with a strong wind to disperse
the deposits over as large an area as possible and thus making their
origin difficult to determine. Others state that on Sunday, about
lunch time, is much better timing as it is said to promote interesting
conversations with neighboring boats thus allowing you to meet new
people.

Bruce-in-Bangkok