HEMI-Powered HEMI-Powered is offline

Default Link Titanic disaster

Bouler added these comments in the current discussion du jour ...

I've talked about pop rivets a couple of times now but I agree that
they are inherently dangerous when used in safety-critical areas of
a car or places where high strength in a collision or high-speed
maneuver are important.

In The Netherlands every car older than 3 year has to be checked
every year by a garage who has their qualifications to do so.
So every year in September I hope my 16 years old Renault 19 will
make it. If something is wrong it has to be fixed, if not you may
not drive that car anymore.
I think its a good thing, you don't see rusty vehicles on the road
any more.

I somewhat often see cars so crappy they are actually a danger to those
around them. Bald tires, fascias hanging literally, smoke pouring out the
tailpipe, everything. Sad.

--
HP, aka Jerry

"If it waddles like a duck and quacks like a duck, it must be a duck"