Jeff Jeff is offline

Default Ping..Peggy Hall

wrote:
Gregery:

My apologies to Peggie! Hope she mends well and soon.
I cannot imagine the strength required to "squeeze" or flex an 1 1/2"
hose on my boat. The lengths are much too short.

If there's a trick to it, please tell me or better yet come and
demonstrate.

You should ignore GH, who is actually Wilbur aka Capt. Neal, a notorious
troll.

Peggie does indeed recommend vinegar for keeping pipes free of
precipitate. There are three things to remember: first, it does nothing
much for grease, grime, sludge etc, its really for dissolving the
salts. Second, it shouldn't be left standing in the system because it
can slowly dissolve the rubber valves in the pumps. It has no effect in
the holding tank, especially since its well diluted there. And third,
if the deposits are heavy (and I've seen the 1.5 inch tube reduced to
..25 inch!) loosening it could lead to an immediate terminal clog,
requiring dis-assembly of the system to clear it out. This is a
self-correcting system, since once you've been through it you will run a
cup of vinegar through the pipes every week so it never happens again.