Trace

Default How to find a good used fiberglass boat?

Hello,

I am ready to buy a used boat on a budget of about $4000 for my family
for fishing and fun. There are so many brands for sale in the local
paper: Reinel, Sea Swirl, Sea Ray, etc... Are there any brands to
avoid, or ones that are in good shape? Can anyone give me tips on
what to check, and how, when looking at boats? Like should I check
the outdrive, and if so, how? I saw one locally that had a "Yamaha"
outdrive. Are there any brands of outdrive to avoid? Also, there are
so many motors, Chevy, OMC, Mercruiser. What's good and bad?

Thanks for any help!

Trace