Bouler Bouler is offline

Default NL - Friesland _ Prinsenhof _ tacking a skutsje - file 4 of 5 DSC_8043_bewerkt.jpg

"joevan" schreef in bericht

The Dutch word is "zwaard" and my dictionary gives as translation
leeboards.
They are only used at the lee-side of the ship for not drifting away to
much
if there is a lot of wind.
The put the leeboard as deep in the water as possible.
Search on "leeboard" on Google Jerry;-)

Here a small picture I found on the internet to see how ftlatbottoms can
be
aground with now a problem at low tide.
I think this ship is a "Boeier", there are a lot of differend flatbottoms
in
The Netherlands with all their specific names.
I by far dont know them all.

For a second there, I thought it was him, walking on water. )

LOL;-)
--
Greetings
Bouler (The Netherlands)