posted to rec.boats.electronics
Richard Lane Richard Lane is offline

Default Garmin Micro G-Charts - Is there Another way?

Jack Erbes wrote:

This has now changed a little. Now, with the latest 5xx series marine
chart plotters, you have to give up on uploading waypoints and routes
from a PC and forget about wanting or needing RS-232 (or any other kind)
of NMEA outputs.

Jack

Jack,
You can indeed upload way-points and routes (sequential way-points)from
a pc to a Garmin 5xx by setting "communications" to Garmin i/o NMEA. If
a named route then the 5xx display waits for you to select "forward" or
"reverse" before joining the way-points with a colored line. I think I
mentioned this in an earlier posting.
Dick