[email protected] justwaitafrekinminute@gmail.com is offline
Senior Member

Default Trailering a pontoon boat

On May 8, 3:30*pm, wrote:
On May 8, 12:39*pm, wrote:

On May 8, 12:30*pm, wrote:

On May 8, 11:54*am, wrote:

On May 8, 10:39*am, wrote:

I am thinking of making my next boat a pontoon boat in the 20 foot
range. I'd like to hear from people who own pontoons and especially
those who trailer them. Things that I'm thinking about is how hard to
load/unload, ease of towing, etc. Also, do you all fish with yours
using an electric trolling motor? One thing I'm wondering is how they
handle while using the trolling motor in the wind? Much difference
than a bass boat?

Hey Loog, here is my answer to the trailerable party boat... mine is
pretty dirty here, but you can see the potential.. It weighs less than
1000 lbs, gassed and loaded. I recently put a console steering and a
25 horse on it, I will try to dig up the performance vids. Could be
the perfect configuration for a big lake and a bunch of kids...

Oh yeah, here is the URL

http://yaimkool.com/

Scotty

I do like that boat! One thing, on my local lake, there are some big
ass boats and most of the people that have them don't have any sense,
they'll run by you with a huge wake, don't know what the right of way
is, etc. I get scared sometimes in my bass boat!- Hide quoted text -

These boats were originally made for commercial fishermen in the CT
River and Long Island Sound.. Mine is a copy of a smaller Brockway,
typical for the sound was 22-24 feet. The sides are real high, it will
not swamp easy. The big flat bottom and square chine keeps the sides
up above the wakes, the old men worked lobster and nets over the
sides. Anyway, if you are interested, I could talk you through a quick
build and you could have a shiny new one of these in your drive in a
couple of weeks for about 600 bucks sans engine... I'm just
sayin' *

We just bought a grill for ours.. We can even throw the minibikes in
there and make a day of it... Mine does close to 20 mph loaded with a
25 horse and will go all day on 10 gallons of gas... * *I'm just
sayin'...

I will stop now *...- Hide quoted text -

I've always thought building a boat would be a fun project. Let's talk!- Hide quoted text -

Send me the digits, I will give you a call...