Kevin

Default steam bending plywood

To clarify... the template (to fit over the buck that I made) is 26"
wide at its widest point.... but this includes the radii + several
inches of material that goes back along the side before the scarfs to
join the transom and the sides. This maximum width is at is at the 12"
radius area..... at the bottom the template is substantially
narrower.... The area being covered is the surface of a conic section
and so the template looks like a piece of pie with the tip cut off at
a radius... let me see if I can do it in ascii art
_ _
_- -_
\ /
\ /
\ /
\n/ template

Kind of.... with the scarfs along the edges. The bottom will be
bending around the tight 4" radius and the top around the 12" radius.
Does this make more sense?

Kevin