Wilbur Hubbard[_2_] Wilbur Hubbard[_2_] is offline

Default Miami to BVI

"Geoff Schultz" wrote in message
.. .

I didn't think that the thorny path was 1200 miles, and that's probably
even a bit short with tacking, but it's definately not 2400 miles.

-- Geoff
www.GeoffSchultz.org

Last time I checked it was about 1200 miles as the crow flies from Miami to
the BVIs. Now when you consider it's a beat the whole way because of the
prevailing winds aggravated by a current setting against you, just do the
math. I didn't say it would end up being 2400 miles but it's probably going
to be 1800 all told. So what would you prefer to do. Slog to weather against
prevailing winds and adverse current for 1800 miles or close reach and reach
about the same distance via the sailing route. If you're a sailor you'll
chose the latter.

If you're an ignorant putz like ReeBitch you'll choose the former and during
the peak of hurricane season to boot, fully believing in luck and your
ability to foresee the weather signs and outrun the hurricane to some
dubious shelter. Even Capt. Skippy isn't THAT stupid!

Wilbur Hubbard