Geoff Schultz Geoff Schultz is offline

Default Miami to BVI

"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote in
anews.com:

And even if one does succeed, is slogging 1200 miles (probably about
double that considering it's all a beat) to weather really sailing
when one can travel half again that far and do it comfortably and in a
much shorter time via the sailors route I suggested?
Wilbur Hubbard

The last time that I checked, the distance from Bermuda to the BVIs was
about 800 nm. Glancing at a chart, I'd guess that it's about the same, or
longer, from Miami to Bermuda, or a total of 1600+ NM.

I didn't think that the thorny path was 1200 miles, and that's probably
even a bit short with tacking, but it's definately not 2400 miles.

-- Geoff
www.GeoffSchultz.org