Wilbur Hubbard[_2_] Wilbur Hubbard[_2_] is offline

Default trouble starting engine when solar panels are working

"jeff" wrote in message
. ..
tom wrote:
When my solar panels are charging (~14V) and I try to start the
engine, it basically acts like the batteries are dead. No turnover,
just hear the click of the solenoid. I unplug the solar panels and
it starts right up? Any ideas what could be causing this? Wierd.
Tom

Is shore power (or another source) plugged in? Sometime solar's high
Voltage with low current confuses other sources.

So you're saying the starter motor is "confused?" Ha ha ha ha! That's got
to be one of the funnier things I read here for quite some time.

I have some advice. The advice is please shut up if you've got nothing to
offer but ignorance and stupidity.

Wilbur Hubbard