Geoff Schultz Geoff Schultz is offline

Default Miami to BVI

BeeRich wrote in
:

On May 5, 12:39*pm, Geoff Schultz wrote:

After I responsed, I realized that I should have asked an obvious (at
least
to me) question. *Are you planning on doing this soon? *Most people
are
thinking about getting their boats out of the hurricane box by this
time of
the season. *You're talking about heading into it. *Where are you
going to leave it for hurricane season?

Hi there. We are thinking of going down sometime between August and
October.

As several other people have commented, you're nuts if you want to leave
from FL and go to the BVIs at that time of the year. You're dead center in
the middle of hurricane season. What would happen of you got caught in
one? Where you would go? Are you prepared to lose your boat and/or life?

Most people are departing those waters for safer locations. If you said
that you were thinking of leaving at the end of October, then I'd say that
it's a reasonable trip. However, Aug-Oct is crazy.

I know several people who have made this trip in sailboats, and while it
isn't fun, it's doable. The Van Sant book that I mentioned earier is a
very good guide.

-- Geoff
www.GeoffSchultz.org