Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default Any yacht brokers hang out here?

On Sat, 3 May 2008 20:22:20 -0700, "Tom Dacon"
wrote:

Oh yeah, I'll do a full survey too. But in addition to that what I want to
find out, if I can, is whether doing such things as adding radar or
replacing the ancient sails would repay the cost of the upgrade. When people
are selling houses, it seems to be pretty well-known how well upgrades such
as carpeting or kitchen remodeling pay off. I'm hoping to find yacht brokers
that have enough experience with this kind of thing that I can get some
advice about what would be good to do and what wouldn't.

I would vote no. The buyer will surely have their own ideas about
whether they want radar or any other electronics, and what brand/model
they prefer. It is unlikely that you will recover more than a small
percentage of anything you spend on sails or electronics.

Your best investments are those you can do your self like a good
cleaning, fresh coat of paint and nicely done bright work.