posted to rec.boats.building
Dan Dan is offline

Default Cracks in the hull

On Thu, 1 May 2008 08:30:11 +0200, "Steve Lusardi"
wrote:

Dan,
I guess I don't understand why you bothered us on in this newsgroup if you
did not want the boat very much in the first place. Did you think there was
a magic bullet that makes your boat new for free or what?
Steve

Well, I took your comments and went back out to the shop and thought
about using the hull and making a plug. Excellent idea if the boat
would have some value. Even in perfect shape, it would be cost
prohibitive for such an old boat.
All I wanted to do was skin it with 4 or 6oz cloth and wondered what
your thoughts were. When you said it was almost as much work to make a
new hull, I took a good look at it and decided it wasn't the work to
do either.
I changed my mind based on your comments. That's why I asked. You gave
me good advice and I thank you.
Didn't mean to be a bother.
Dan