Capt. JG Capt. JG is offline

Default I decided

"JimC" wrote in message

I agree! However, the rigs for Mac26s, which I've seen, are not adequate
for anything other than light air. I have a Sabre 30, with a displacement
of about twice that. The standing rigging is substantial... more than
what would normally be required... why... because it's designed for real
coastal cruising.

Good for you Ganz. Hope you continue to enjoy sailing your Sabre.

I shall. Thanks.

I have no doubt that you enjoy sailing your Mac. That, of course, isn't the
issue being discussed, since I'm pretty sure there are people out there who
enjoy sailing on cruise liners. I doubt they're designed for small inland
lakes, but I'm sure you can find someone who disagrees with that also.

As to whether or not the Mac26M rigging is adequate FOR THE MAC 26M for
coastal cruising, it would of course be more relevant if you could post
the results of some scientifically based evaluations, involving actual
tests of the MAC26M rigging under sail, instead of merely posting more of
your obviously biased personal opinions.

Jim

You're right. I biased when it comes to safety. I've only been sailing for
40 years, so I guess I'll just have to rely on my experience with sailboats
of various sizes and qualities. But, feel free to post some example of Macs
surviving storm conditions. So far, all we've seen are your obviously biased
personal assurances that everything will just be fine.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com