Jim Woodward

Default Building a boat

Mark has given you excellent advice -- I second all his comments.

Many of the smaller boatbuilders will sell new bare hulls or hull and deck
combos. Check the National Fisherman
http://www.nationalfisherman.com/
or Boats and Harbors
http://www.boats-and-harbors.com/

Although I love wood boats (to the point that I spent three years trying to
make a living at building them), I would not buy a wood hull and put a lot
of money in it. While it is always hard to sell home built projects, a wood
hull would make it nearly impossible.

Take a look at Glenn Ashmore's web site
www.rutuonline.com
Although he's a building a larger sailboat, it may help with some of the
issues.

--
Jim Woodward
www.mvFintry.com

..
..
"The new guy" wrote in message
le.rogers.com...

Do you have any pictures of your boat?
Where is a good place to find a good deal on a hull/cabin? I spent 2

months
last year looking for a deal and found nothing (or maybe I did but did'nt
know that is was a deal) The one I liked a lot was a 35 footer, they

wanted
12000$ CAD, the boat was at a marina in the water, about 20 years old

(don't
ask for the model) it had some water in the engine compartment, it had a
wooden hull.
Then talking to guys in the marinas everyone agreed that the way to go is
fiberglass.
The prices scared me away.
The other question that I have is that if there is a difference in a boat
for the lakes and one for the ocean (salted water), like engine cooling

and
stuff.
You see, I have no experience at all, sorry if I sound dumb, but to learn
you must ask
.