Capt. JG Capt. JG is offline

Default I decided

"JimC" wrote in message
. ..
Read my note Ganz. What I said was that the Mac can be quickly and easily
transported by the owner with a pickup or SUV

Which has nothing to do with actual sailing.

I prefer to actually sail to places not put my boat on truck.

Can you sail 1500 miles in one weekend Ganz? I would sure like to see
that. - Let me know when you are about to move out.

No. Neither can you. You can drive there in a day if you floor it.

Storage and maintenance fees can be substantially less... I can leave the
boat in a shallow slip that wouldn't be suitable for a conventional boat

Well, you got me there. It's not a conventional boat.

It might be a coastal cruiser a couple of months a year, but I assure you
it's not a coastal cruiser out here 95% of the time, unless you count
foundering on rocks as coastal cruising.

Don't know where "out here" is Ganz.- Maybe you could be a little more
specific. But in any event, the Mac is maneuverable and can be motored or
sailed around rocks and in shallow waters most fixed-keel boats couldn't
manage.

SF bay and outside in the Pacific. Please don't ask me to send you a google
map link.

What's your point Ganz? That the boat SHOULDN'T have such safety
measures?- How long would YOUR boat stay afloat if it's hull were
substantially compromised? With a 6-inch puncture, for example?

I stay off the rocks. I know where and when is appropriate to my craft. So,
what you're saying is that you're so paranoid of sinking, you buy a piece of
junk that just won't sink... 1 hole or 20. Sounds like packing peanuts.

Mine has three reefing points on the main, and a roller furling jib. I
seldom have problems keeping the boat under control.

Out here, you'll need all three reefs all the time.

Well, you got me there... cheap compared to used boats of higher quality.

Not necessarily "cheap," (but possible.... glad you admit it)
Could I tow your Sabre with my Mercury Marquis Ganz? How about a Ford
pickup?

Why would I want to try??? I prefer to sail.

Ganz, where do you get an emphasis on trailoring from the above paragraph?

self-serving crap deleted

In the last several paragraphs. Please feel free to repost them if it turns
you on.

Actually, I do watch the wake and watch to see that I don't interfere with
other boats. Obviously, the speed and, when under sail, the set of the
sails have to be appropriate for the conditions.

Suggestion... look where you're going, leave the engine off. LOL

more self-serving bs removed

Ah, the personal attack... and I only called you foolish for thinking you
could take your boat offshore.. I must be losing it.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com