Capt. JG Capt. JG is offline

Default I decided

"JimC" wrote in message
.. .

Capt. JG wrote:

"JimC" wrote in message

I think your problem is that you are judging the rigging and hardware of
the Mac on the basis of what's required with a much heavier boat. The
requirements simply aren't the same for a small, 4,000 lb. boat. See also
my note above concerning forming a bridle for accommodating the sea
anchor.

Jim

No. He's judging it on the basis of what's a decent rig.

A "decent rig" for a 69-foot Swan, or a 40-ft Valiant or a 39-ft O'Day, is
not the same thing as a "decent rig" for a 26-ft boat displacing 4,000
pounds.

Jim

I agree! However, the rigs for Mac26s, which I've seen, are not adequate for
anything other than light air. I have a Sabre 30, with a displacement of
about twice that. The standing rigging is substantial... more than what
would normally be required... why... because it's designed for real coastal
cruising.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com