Brian D

Default What's a good computer drafting program?

Steve,

Nearly forgot ...One question nobody has really asked yet is "How good is
the shell plate expansion"? I'm wondering how the various programs perform,
e.g. ease of use and accuracy of expanded plate. Are you doing any
developable surfaces? Can you do plate expansion accurate enough for a butt
weld in aluminum (1/16") for example? Since I've worked mostly in wood,
this hasn't been as important to me, but after finishing the build (Tolman
design) that I'm working on, I'm probably going to switch to aluminum.

Also, what'd you use for rendering? Myrddin and Taliesin in particular
....Flamingo?

Thx,
Brian

"Stephen Baker" wrote in message
Brian D says:

How about AutoCAD + Rhino 3D + ProSurf? That's what I've got ...

AutoCAD, Rhino and AutoShip does me quite nicely, thanks. Good combos,

the
pair of them

Steve
Stephen C. Baker - Yacht Designer