Brian Nystrom

Default Steam box

James wrote:

I have a 14ft by 2ft by 1ft wooden steambox.
Recently steaming almost 2in thick ,7in wide, planks using a cheap wallpaper
stripper!
Untill i saw it done i would noy have belived it would be capable of
sufficient steam.
Its brilliant!
My giant kettle (made from a 60L steel bottle) and my huge propane burner
are now redundant.

I use Wagner's $50 wallpaper steamer with steam boxes up to 8' long.
It's compact, produces lots of steam and it's very safe (self contained,
thermostatic shut-off). The cord and steam hose are quite long, so you
can locate it well away from the box if you like. It runs for over an
hour on a single filling and I would think you could could connect a
larger feed tank if you need to.

--
Regards

Brian