Jeronimus[_2_] Jeronimus[_2_] is offline

Default Working Lighthouses in The Netherlands- 06. Den Helder.jpg (1/1)

(Bouler) wrote in news:4813bbdc$0$16083
:

begin 644 06. Den Helder.jpg

Attachment decoded: 06. Den Helder.jpg
`
end

Ah, a nice picture Bouler..... When I look ot the window at night I can see
the beams of the 'Lange Jaap' crossing the skies! I think it's quite an
older picture, but nice anyway! I've been on top of this lighthouse once,
the view was magnificent, although the climb was exhausting.....

By the way this lighthouse supposedly is the tallest cast-iron lighthouse
in Europe (it's actually 63,45 metres, the pucture shows a wrong height.)
). It used to be the tallest lighthouse in the Netherlands but was
surpassed by the lighthouse at the Maasvlakte (rotterdam)

More information on:
http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lange_Jaap

Regards,

Jeroen