Marty

Default What's a good computer drafting program?

I only mentioned some CAD software I have actually worked with for a
living, of which Solidworks is my favorite, but very expensive.
I like Jim Woodwards way of using AutoCad. Yes, it is possible, Jim, and
I liked your Fintry hull, pretty cool. And just in passing you gave me a
great hint by mentioning excel for the planes etc, I should be able to
do this in Solidworks as well and probably quicker...

AutoCad is also very expensive, and AutoCad LT does not do 3d as far as
I know.
But you might be able to find an educational version of AutoCad or
Soldworks somewhere, if you want to go that way. Solidworks is a lot
easier to learn, I can get new people up to basics in a week, or less if
I have time.