Old Nick

Default What's a good computer drafting program?

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 20:48:05 -0500, Marty
wrote something
.......and in reply I say!:

For occasional use CAD programs are too cumbersome and expensive,
thinking about things like AutoCad (very user unfriendly, and in my
opinion not much better than a drawing board)

Hear here!

, Solidworks (no Nurbs
splines), CadKey (Silly file structuring), I would say:
if you are not going to use it very frequently, don't bother.

Here I disagree. For sketching try DeltaCad. Only 2d, and it hath its
limits, but so bloody simple that I actually use it instead of a paper
and pencil. I can remember every action from session to session even
after weeks, and I just sit down and start using it. I have found no
other CAD programmes that come near being able to allow this. It may
not suuit this particular use as requested, but is easy to learn and
remember.

Shareware and cheap. Demo is available.

http://www.dcad.com
I wander in the wilderness, stubbing my toes and barking my shins on the unknown obstacles.
It is better than treading the path that I knew
Nick White --- HEAD:Hertz Music

!!
")
_/ )