Rodney Myrvaagnes

Default New boom

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 08:12:34 -0500 (EST), (Ron
Thornton) wrote:

I lost the boom overboard on my Irwin 37 during the hurricane. Any
sources for replacement would be appreciated.

We broke our boom in August, only a week before our September cruise.
I took the pieces to the yard that has hauled our boat for 14 winters,
and done repairs in the past. They got an extrusion welded up to fit
from a sparmaker in Putnam, CT. It was not Hall Spars, which is
certainly a possibility also.

The original boom was Kenyon, long out of business, but it was not
their fault it broke.

You need the length, gooseneck measurements, and how big an extrusion.
The spar maker will mount normal end fittings, sheet and vang
mountings, etc to your order.

If the original sparmaker's name is on your mast, and the company
still exists, they may have the original drawings for your boom on
file.

Rodney Myrvaagnes NYC J36 Gjo/a

"Curse thee, thou quadrant. No longer will I guide my earthly way by thee." Capt. Ahab