Bruce in Bangkok[_5_] Bruce in Bangkok[_5_] is offline

Default The Suzuki 2.5 hp makes the final cut...but what about TWO of them, in tandem?

On Sat, 26 Apr 2008 09:46:45 -0400, "Roger Long"
wrote:

"cavelamb himself" wrote

You might "Ping" Roger
as to why doubling the Horse Power doesn't necessarily mean double the
speed. Has to do with all kind of hull forms and hydrodynamics and too
much of it will make your eyes cross.

As has been pointed out here, I have no *formal* training in naval
architecture and am therefore unqualified to comment.

I do know that it is an immutable law of the universe however and always
obey it even when I don't see any physics cops in my rearview mirror.

BTW good bio article about Ray Hunt in the latest "Yachting". Another guy
with no formal training in the field.

I believe it is called empirical learning. I've seen half models
carved a hundred years ago that wouldn't bring any shame on a "modern"
designer.

Bruce-in-Bangkok
(correct email address for reply)