Jay[_3_] Jay[_3_] is offline

Default Suzuki DF4 vs. DF6 (or maybe another choice, the TohatsuMFS4BS)--the Tohatsu 4HP Makes The Final Cut.

On Apr 22, 6:31*am, Martin Baxter wrote:

Jay wrote: Suzuki 4-stroke for $600 delivered but I opted for the extra oomph of

the 4hp Tohatsu and the 7-hour run time with the auxiliary tank. *I
figure it'll be $300 more well spent in the long run.

Good, let us know how it works out.
Cheers, Marty

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Well, Marty, it didn't work out. This has been a joint adventure
among three buddies. We take turns using the boat and sometimes go
fishing in it together. After the dealer cordially, and in a very
friendly and helpful tone, agreed to the $900 price my buddy Dee
proposed for all of the equipment I stated in an earlier post, the
dealer abruptly decided that the deal was too "involved" as he put it
and backpedaled right out the back door.

He apparently began to think it was too "involved" when Dee sent
an
email outlining all the details he had mutually agreed to on the
telephone and asked the dealer to simply reply and confirm that he had
all aspects of the deal correct.

This apparently caused the cold realization of what he had promised
to trigger a rapidly-advancing case of seller's remorse and he did the
180 on us. Needless to say, the link to that liar's business has been
removed from my desktop and favorites.

But the story doesn't end there. The other choice we had pondered,
the Suzuki 2.5 hp, then reappeared and I contacted a very helpful and
friendly Ray Jr. at The Boat Place in Florida (thanx Charles) and my
$600 check for that motor delivered to the house is "in the mail" as
the expression goes. BTW, Ray Jr. didn't have any problem with
replying to the same type of email confirming the details of the
purchase. Hmmmmm. Guess there are still some dealers left who aren't
all blow and no show.

Now I know that the Soozooky probably won't push us around the lake
any more than a fast walk but hey, every dealer in this area wants a
grand for it and the NADA used book on the 2007 is about what I'm
paying for the 2008 new so I shouldn't have any problem recouping my
money by selling it locally if it doesn't work out.

And of course none of us has missed much boating fun by these
little
delays since the daily temps have been in the high 30's and even a
fast-walk speed can put a wind chill factor on you that could take
away from the pleasure of motoring across the lake. (The ice floes
might present a problem too---lol).

-Jay

PS---Once we get the Suzuki and strap that powerhouse on, I'll offer a
full report on how it works out. And if it doesn't, check for a hot
deal on a Suzuki 2.5 on Ebay. LOL