The new guy

Default trucking

Thank you for the advise Steve. but I don't drive trucks (don't know how)
Before trucking I was involved in 4 different types of business's, all in
the service sector. On the first one I got shut down by a major competiror
who dumped the price of the service bellow my cost, I ended up loosing 15
thousand customers across the states and in less than a month almost went
bankrupt, as the customers left me with an outstanding receivable of close
to half a mil. So after I paid off all the creditors I had left less than
100 g's and invested in 2 different ventures (service as well), but they did
not take off, so I ended up selling them in the market for what I paid for
(my only profit was that I bought 2 houses and kept the mortgage payments
current for those years. Then with that money I ventured in trucking (BIG
MISTAKE). So I think maybe service is not the place to be, maybe I should
try manufacturing (but what?), see I have the trucks to deliver the product,
plus I have access to thousands of truckers as well, to whom I don't need to
pay for 30 days if I hire them for transporting. Maybe I should get into
buying and selling some products (but what?)...
My problem is that I have no time to do research during the day...my cell
phone bill comes in a book (30 pages), I spend hours a day on the phone
closing deals (arranging transportation). Most of the people that I deal
with are brokers or farmers or truckers...and all they know is this, what
they do, as they have been doing it for years...not me man, I'm getting fed
up.
Today I got lost in the city and drove into an upscale neighborhood....the
houses were like in the movies, I did not even knew that in my city there
are houses like that. So, why is that if I work as hard as I do, I can't
afford a place like that?

"stevej" wrote in message
I always thought that if you wanted to make money you had to have money.
If you have to borrow the money, then that decreases your chances of