posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. JG Capt. JG is offline

Default Political Crap OT

wrote in message
Looking from the outside, it looks like the Democrats are beating
themselves with a stick. Slinging mud at each other,,,McCain must be
chuckling at the ineptitude. The single biggest thing that is being
demonstrated in primary after primary is that America is still
fundamentally racist,

There are numbers to support that contention, but you could also look
at it the other way. Enough people have broken away from the pea-
brained bigotry of our caveman ancestors that the U.S. could have a
black President by this time next year.

If Obama is the nominee, then the vast majority of Hillary supporters will
go with him.

"Capt. JG" wrote:
I don't see it that way. I think that given the record turnout, no
matter
who finally is the nominee, that person will be pretty much fully
supported
by the people who voted for the other person.

Maybe, but more likely not. There are a lot of people who really
really *hate* the Clintons, Republicans & Democrats alike.

Perhaps, but compared to continuing the current policies, they would likely
hold their nose. At the moment, I think Obama has a better shot.

Remember, the U.S. has an official 2-party system, but each party is
really a coalition similar to those cobbled together under the
parliamentary system. Hillary & Obama each have their own
constituencies, which do have a large overlap... but when one or the
other finally wins, some members of the losers coalition will drop
out. It's inevitable. The question is, how many and will they be PO'd
enough to vote Republican (for President)?

Anyone who's son or daughter is fighting in Iraq, not to mention the people
themselves. Cheney was booed recently during a speech there. Some of the
soldiers were trash-talking him to reporters during the speech to reporters.
How many times has that happened. The Pentagon's own people think it's a
"debacle" of huge perportions. The economy is in a shambles.

.... How anyone can seriously
consider voting for McCain, given all that he is/stands for...
continuing
the war, lack of fiscal understanding, poor human rights outlook, not to
mention his age, etc., is certainly beyond me.

I could explain it, but you might not want to listen. I would
certainly consider voting for McCain for President under many possible
circumstances.

He's better than Bush, but that's not saying much. He probably doesn't lie
as much as Bush, but that's not saying much. He's got military experience
more than Bush (who has practically zero), but that's not saying much. He's
too old, but I guess he's better than someone's who's brain dead like Bush.
There, I thought of four things. LOL

bs removed

--
"j" ganz @@