Jacques Mertens

Default plywood

We show pictures of the method at our tech. support web site:
http://bateau2.com/modules.php?name=...ticles&secid=1

See "Camber and other curves . . "

I like to cut smooth curves with a circular saw, they come out much nicer
than with a jig saw. The limit is 3/8" plywood but since you work with 1/4",
it will work.

Lauan? That is another matter. I have seen some very nice one on some very
bad. It's probably good enough for a practice boat if you coat it with
epoxy.
--
Jacques
http://www.bateau.com

"Gone Angling" wrote in message
I have a few other questions. I'm building a simple boat (cajun flat

bottom 10
feet) as a starter project.
The points of the bottom are plotted on a piece of plywood. What would i

use to
make a smooth curve?

Do you use a hand held jig saw to cut it out?

I want to put a fancy deck on it. Would a hardwood veneer plywood be ok?

I'm
not sure if it is rated for exterior use. Other material to use?

1/4 inch ply is that equivalent to 6mm. Is 5.2 mm luan too thin for sides

and
deck.

Can i join plywood by a butt joint and a 1x 2 across the joint on the

interior.

All my materials are to be bought from a home depot type store.

Thanks