Bob Bob is offline

Default Under Way, Not Making Way, Aground and Not Under Command,revisited

On Apr 22, 4:01*am, wrote:

A baseball bat is not a "deadly weapon" until you swing it at someone's head.

This is the problem using analogies as support in an argument. They
usually don’t work cause some one like me can use another analogy to
refute the Baseball analogy. For example,

Just because I have a screw diver and a crescent wrench in my pocket
doesn’t mean I am a burglar yet..... a cop can stop me and arrest my
ass for “possession of burglar tools.” BTW this happened to me when I
was 18 yo after working on a friends boat. I stuck the screwdriver and
crescent wrench in my hip pocket walked home at 9 PM and got stopped
by a cop. The cop took me to the station and was going to charge me
with “possession of burglar tools.” Who is right?

Just because my engine is running and NOT engaged does that mean im
NOT propelled by machinery? Does that mean when a motor vessel shuts
down the engines that makes it NOT a motor vessel?

Man up and be a true conservative. I am Democrat and a true
conservative. When my motor is running for any reason on my sailboat I
consider my self propelled by machinery, act accordingly, and don’t
try to chicken **** the rules.
BOB