Capt. JG Capt. JG is offline

Default Anchorage identification and boarding techniques

"Edgar" wrote in message

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
news:Yqadnde8ptHjIpHVnZ2dnUVZ_hudnZ2d@bayareasolut ions...
I good example is what they have off Catalina... lots and lots of boats

tied
up in a relatively small space. We have similiar at Angel Island. The
wind/currents are such there that everyone ties bow to one and stern to
another, so no one swings into another boat. This works great for large
raft-ups that happen at various times... 10+ boats in a raft up.

Call me anti-social, but I would go somewhere else if I found I was likely
to be rafted up with 10 other boats.
Feet pounding across your deck at all hours of the night, loud drunken
voices ditto, some idiot playing loud music of his choice to entertain
everyone else, etc, etc.etc.
No, thanks. That is not my idea of cruising.

I guess we'll have to... it's a party or a one-design fleet raft up. Not my
idea either, but these things do happen.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com