Brian D

Default plywood

The best way is to know your plywood standards and buy the wood that has an
acceptable level of quality. BS1088 is the lowest grade that I know of that
guarantees NO voids. Short of guessing according to what standard applies,
note that you can get a good idea of how many voids are in the wood by
inspecting all 4 cut edges. Look at the whole unit, check the average
quality of the stack, then hand-pick wood that has the smallest and fewest
voids. My experience is that when cutting the wood (so picked) that the
voids you find are no worse than what you see along the edges. Quality
varies a lot by lot (pardon the pun) so be sure to shop several lumber yards
before buying.

Brian

--
My boat project: http://www.advantagecomposites.com/tongass

"Gone Angling" wrote in message
Is there a way to check plywood to minimize voids?