Capt. JG Capt. JG is offline

Default Do old, retired cruisers have any valid input???

wrote in message
snip
Actually, I love the Americanisms such as "I'll fix dinner" - what's
wrong with it? and the various references to the latrine - Little
girl's room", "powder my nose" and so on. Nothing as basic as our
"Where are the toilets?" or "I have to go".

LOL...if you find *those* amusing, you really must get out (in the US)
more. There are more gems than you could imagine. My favorite came from
a 'gent' I was forced to work with who, when asked about the status of a
task he had already completed, replied with "I done did that there bud,
it's done done". With a straight face...

Keith Hughes

We regularly use "get 'er done" when in asking employees to do something.
(We don't have to tell them what exactly, because it's obvious. If it isn't
obvious, they they can expect to be fired.)

When they're finished, they report back with "done did it... goodly too."
Bud is a bit too familiar for an employee to use with a boss. "Sir" is
acceptable.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com