Bruce in Bangkok[_5_] Bruce in Bangkok[_5_] is offline

Default Do old, retired cruisers have any valid input???

On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 14:22:19 +1000, Herodotus
wrote:

On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 09:07:33 +0700, Bruce in Bangkok
wrote:

Hi Bruce,

Do you get much mail at this address? I wonder if an email handle like
that would work for me.

cheers
Peter

If you mean the Pimpworld address I don't think it will work for you -
first you have to be young and handsome. Secondly you have to have a
name like Willard J. Wonderful and lastly you have to have a 68 ft.
boat with a hot tub.

Where are you? Hanging out in some marina or anchored close in where
you can hijack somebody's unguarded WiFi net?

Bruce-in-Bangkok
(correct email address for reply)

Hi Bruce,
I'm going to change my name and have a face lift. Thank's for the
advice.

I'm still at Seru Boca marina in Curacao as a paying customer this
time, as I left Herodotus here when I went back home - the main use
for me of marinas http://www.santabarbararesort.com/09.html If you
click on the photos you should be able to see me waving at 1200 zulu
tomorrow.

It's part of a huge development that will eventually include high
value estate housing, a golf course and a Hyatt Regency hotel -
hopefully by that time I shall be long gone. Price is reasonable
compared with Trinidad - $US252 per month plus power and water - all
water here is produced by desalination of sea water.

Since emailing you I was about to leave but since there is at least a
4 week wait for the Panama canal, decided that I would have to go like
the proverbial clappers (archaic English term still in useage in the
antipodean ex-colonies) to reach home before the cyclone season. Thus
decided to leave Herodotus here and return to Malaysia and Sydney
until about September. flight is booked out - Curacao, Miami, Dallas,
Honolulu and thence Sydney and a couple of weeks later, KL.

As well as allowing me time to get into the Pacific early and be able
to see the sights, I shall be also able to make a side journey to
Cartagena, Colombia to be mugged, drugged, raped and murdered. I'm
looking forward to it. If the bloody Americans didn't provide such a
huge ready market for cocaine, the country might be safer to visit -
still that's the new global economy in action. who am I to question
it? I only learned Keynsian economics at university - long
discredited.

How's the boat project coming along?

cheers, and regards to your wife.
Asalaam,
Peter

Naw, I don't believe you. I googled that address you posted and the
first line in the blurb says

"Seru Boca Marina offers floating slips for 128 vessels up to 150
feet"

Don't say nothing about no grottie old cruising boat, sounds like if
you're not at least 100 ft. they probably don't want you. How did you
get in? Sneak in and tie up at the dinghy dock?

Regarding your colonial English I'll have you know that I received an
initial supplemental education in Proper English by a British educated
Singapore Lady Office Manager who used to correct my Americanisms by
telegram, and later by a former Officer of the Gurkas, graduate of
Sandhurst, graduate of the School of Asian and African Studies, London
University, where he majored in Malay/Indonesian - have you ever heard
anyone speak absolutely impeccable Indonesian with a fully blown
Sandhurst accent? And most recently by a hereditary Lord of the Realm
who corrects my pronunciation at every opportunity. I also have a mate
raised on a sheep station in Western Australia just so I don't get too
toffey nosed.

By the way, what is this Sidney business. I thought you were a Kiwi.

Cartagena de Indias? I thought you British chappies were persona non
grata since Sir Francis Drake burned the place? But I suppose with the
new economy that can't afford to overlook any market.