Herodotus Herodotus is offline

Default Do old, retired cruisers have any valid input???

On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 09:07:33 +0700, Bruce in Bangkok
wrote:

Hi Bruce,

Do you get much mail at this address? I wonder if an email handle like
that would work for me.

cheers
Peter

If you mean the Pimpworld address I don't think it will work for you -
first you have to be young and handsome. Secondly you have to have a
name like Willard J. Wonderful and lastly you have to have a 68 ft.
boat with a hot tub.

Where are you? Hanging out in some marina or anchored close in where
you can hijack somebody's unguarded WiFi net?

Bruce-in-Bangkok
(correct email address for reply)

Hi Bruce,
I'm going to change my name and have a face lift. Thank's for the
advice.

I'm still at Seru Boca marina in Curacao as a paying customer this
time, as I left Herodotus here when I went back home - the main use
for me of marinas http://www.santabarbararesort.com/09.html If you
click on the photos you should be able to see me waving at 1200 zulu
tomorrow.

It's part of a huge development that will eventually include high
value estate housing, a golf course and a Hyatt Regency hotel -
hopefully by that time I shall be long gone. Price is reasonable
compared with Trinidad - $US252 per month plus power and water - all
water here is produced by desalination of sea water.

Since emailing you I was about to leave but since there is at least a
4 week wait for the Panama canal, decided that I would have to go like
the proverbial clappers (archaic English term still in useage in the
antipodean ex-colonies) to reach home before the cyclone season. Thus
decided to leave Herodotus here and return to Malaysia and Sydney
until about September. flight is booked out - Curacao, Miami, Dallas,
Honolulu and thence Sydney and a couple of weeks later, KL.

As well as allowing me time to get into the Pacific early and be able
to see the sights, I shall be also able to make a side journey to
Cartagena, Colombia to be mugged, drugged, raped and murdered. I'm
looking forward to it. If the bloody Americans didn't provide such a
huge ready market for cocaine, the country might be safer to visit -
still that's the new global economy in action. who am I to question
it? I only learned Keynsian economics at university - long
discredited.

How's the boat project coming along?

cheers, and regards to your wife.
Asalaam,