Jim Woodward

Default Ritchie Globemaster on eBay

The antique auto people (I owned a Bentley once) use proprietary sealers
made for sealing small leaks -- drain the tank, dump in a quart of sealer,
slosh around for half an hour, let it dry -- which seem to work better than
you might expect. Not, certainly, suitable for a boat, but like radiator
sealants, something that may get another year or three before you have to
bite the bullet.

Try Hemmings for an ad, or a Web search.

--
Jim Woodward
www.mvFintry.com

..
"Fred Williams" wrote in message
news
Thanks Glenn! Just what I was looking for. I'll Check out the

metalworing
group, I just hope I don't get to like it too much, my life doesn't have
room for another "interesting" news group :-(

Fred

"Glenn Ashmore" wrote in message
You might ask that question on rec.crafts.metalworking. Boat tanks have
their own set of problems but antique tractors have a completely
different set. When a boat's fuel tank starts leaking the best solution
for safety's sake is to rip it out reweld or replace it. You will
probably never find a replacement tank for an antique John Deer and a
poorly doe repair or fitting a new non-original one will seriously hurt
the value.

JB weld might be a temporary fix for small holds but it is not going to
stand up to the vibration on a crack. Better to pull and clean the tank
and send it to a restorer. He will weld or silver solder it and grind