JimC JimC is offline

Default I decided

Capt. JG wrote:

"JimC" wrote in message

Out of curiosity, I asked the MacGregor discussion group whether anyone
had heard of a Mac 26 breaking up and/or sinking in heavy seas. (Many of
the Mac owners have taken their boats offshore.) No one had heard of any
such incidence. As you say, there are thousands out there, all over the
world and in all types of conditions.

I enjoy sailing the Mac26M, but I am aware that larger, heavier boats have
certain advantages and are more comfortable. (I sailed a number of larger
boats, including Valiants, O'Days, Beneteaux, Catalinas, Ericksons,
Endeavors, and Cals in the 30 ft to 40 ft range, before I bought the Mac.)
The Macs are fun to sail and have advantages of their own, provided you
aren't racing or trying to transport coffee from Belize to Galveston.

Jim

You must be desperate. Now you're replying to a known liar and stalker.

Well, come on... what are the advantages of heavier boats? You claim they're
more comfortable. Is this just at the dock or perhaps it includes offshore.
Yes, it's a rhetorial question.

I've discussed those advantages many times in prior discussions, Ganz,
but you apparently prefer to forget such comments and stick with your
caricatures (what you like to consider as inexperienced, naive Mac
owners). - In answer to your "rhetorial" question, larger, conventional
keeled sailboats are heavier and usually more comfortable in heavy
weather; they can be faster under sail, due to their longer water lines;
and they have greater storage capacity suitable for provisioning for
extended crossings. With a deep keel, they can normally point higher.
And there's usually more room on their deck for sexy girls to see and be
seen. Also, don't forget that if the skipper has inferiority problems,
they can be a good ego booster.

Jim