Marty[_2_] Marty[_2_] is offline

Default Suzuki DF4 vs. DF6 (or maybe another choice, the Tohatsu MFS4BS).

lid wrote:
PhantMan wrote:
I've been thinkin'
"trolling motor" so I can keep most of the weight low and amidships
instead of all hanging over the side near the stern.

Martin Baxter wrote:
The little 2 HP 'rude works just fine, pushes the canoe with two people
aboard faster than you could paddle it.

Yeah, but I wasn't concerned about push power. I was wondering what
happens when the two people get out and leave the canoe to balance and
float on its own. It doesn't tend towards capsize huh?

Motor or not, getting out of a canoe and back in in open water quite
often results in lots of water in the canoe. A small motor on a 2 x 4
lashed to the gunwales at the stern doesn't have too bad of an affect on
an empty canoe, the motor is still inboard of a line parallel to the
keel and projected aft from the widest beam.

Cheers
Marty