Capt. JG Capt. JG is offline

Default I decided

"Roger Long" wrote in message
Uh oh. Don't get me started on Metacenters. As the name implies they
aren't real and nothing makes stability harder to understand from what is
generally written. I've given many lectures on stability and I usually
have to spend the first third of the lecture getting the students to
forget all the stuff they read the night before.

Metacenters and metacentric height are very useful calculation shortcuts
for naval architects but a very poor way to understand the forces
involved.

Even buoyancy is imaginary. Anybody want to try and guess what really
holds a boat up?

--
Roger Long

Bad weather and/or beautiful women.