Richard Casady Richard Casady is offline

Default I decided

On Tue, 15 Apr 2008 20:07:00 -0700, "Capt. JG"
wrote:

Dinghy sailors know how much drag a little bit of cloth can
create.

This is true of 38 foot planing hull daysailers [ A scows]. If you
want to call them dinghies. I have never sailed a dinghy, but I have
had the sails in the water many times, as much as twenty, or so, times
in one day [ Sunfish ]. Burying the mast in the mud will also make a
boat hard to right. The Iowa lake I sailed on as a kid is everywhere
20 feet deep, and mast groundings were common. Never was any damage.

Casady