Wilbur Hubbard[_2_] Wilbur Hubbard[_2_] is offline

Default The answer ISN"T an electric or a bigger windlass

"Bruce in Bangkok" wrote in message

My dock will be under about 10 ft. (not taking the tide into
consideration) with dock lines I normally use a scope of three. With nylon
I'll probably start with five and see how that works. The first 50 -
used rolls of t.p. and beer cans will be laying on the bottom.

Surprising I seldom find an anchorage with coral, usually it has
some sort of pier with piles to tie to. I no longer do any serious
cruising. I just got too old for it and my boat is to large and
difficult to handle. I use it just as a floating home these days.

I think that 3/8 rope dock line will handle things but if not I still
have the 200 ft. of chain in storage. It's new since I haven't
left this dock in about three or four years.

Bruce-in-Bangkok
(correct email address for reply)

Uh huh! Thought so. Thanks for the confirmation.

Wilbur Hubbard