Martin Baxter Martin Baxter is offline

Default Suzuki DF4 vs. DF6

Jay wrote:
On Apr 14, 5:50 pm, Jere Lull wrote: If you've got
the electric already, why not try it and see how it works? From what
you say, it sounds good enough, but only you can accurately assess
that. 30 pounds continuous could get our 28 footer moving at perhaps
a knot or two in flat water.
Jere Lull

I'll give it a try. Does anyone know of a formula to roughly
equate electric motors to horsepower? Would be curious as to the
horsepower equivalent of my Minn-Kota Endura 30. -J

The easiest way would be to find out much current the thing uses.

I*E=P, assume about 90% effeciency, so HP= (P*0.9)/746

If you want that in simpler terms HP= ((volts x amps)*0.9)/746

Cheers
Marty
Want to have instant messaging, and chat rooms, and discussion
groups for your local users or business, you need dbabble!
-- See http://netwinsite.com/sponsor/sponsor_dbabble.htm ----