No Name

Default Coating teak deck/seats

After properly sanding the teak that cover my cockpit seats I going to apply
Cetol Light.
I do not know if I should tape the black caulking shown between the teak
planks, paint over it or trim each blanks individually to avoid
contaminating the caulking? If I paint over the black caulking will it
impair the looks and craftsmanship? International (Cetol) technician will
not endorse the responsibility if their product damage the integrity of the
caulking. This means that I will have to tape every caulking joints between
the teak planks or use my paint trimming skill!!! Any help will be
appreciated. TIA