Don White Don White is offline

Default The answer ISN"T an electric or a bigger windlass

wrote in message
On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 09:24:20 -0400, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Bruce in Bangkok" wrote in message
. ..
The reason I always tell people that they need a forty foot boat isn't
because it takes forty feet to keep two people's head above water. It
takes forty feet to keep two people AND all the tools, spares, parts,
cooking pots, clothes and the Banjo above water.

You are soooo wrong! If your first priority is a sailboat large enough to
make it a seaborne reflection of your shoreside residence filled will all
the luxuries and frivolity of said lubberly abode then please STAY ashore.
Leave the waters of this world to those of us who know how to enjoy them
in
a fashion that is concordant with life at sea and not some *******ization
of
it with a mini-commercial cruise ship that belches noise, pollution and
danger 24/7. If I wish to live in a smelly, noisy truck stop I will buy an
RV and park in truck stops. But I wish to live and enjoy the clean, quite
and sane waters in a realistic, simple manner that is in harmony with my
chosen path. You people who think you have to take the land to sea ruin it
for those of us who understand and enjoy the cruising life as it was meant
to be - simple, quiet, trouble-free and sane.

One other thing. Your philosophy has been proven to be bankrupt. Your
example is one of being stuck at a dock in your dotage because your
floating
home with all its out of place shoreside amenities is now proven unsuited
cruising. You are no longer able to sail because you can no longer handle
the size and complications you unnecessarily imposed. Try as you might any
other excuse for your self-imposed retirement from sailing won't wash.
It's
the size and complication of your vessel that has retired you - nothing
else.

So don't proselytize to me! I am approximately your age and I still live
aboard and cruise precisely because my vessel is not some big, opulent,
system-laden, floating condominium that's beyond my means to get under
way,
let alone voyage.

Wilbur Hubbard

I thought you have a 68 foot Swan, Wilbur.

~~ SNERK ~~