Bruce in Bangkok[_5_] Bruce in Bangkok[_5_] is offline

Default Anti fouling paint

On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 04:31:10 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Of the dozen or so people I've known who applied a "copper-epoxy"
bottom coating, about half said it worked pretty well... with regular
scrubbing. One of those was a pretty serious racer.

Bruce in Bangkok wrote:
Devoe isn't available here, as far as I know and I have had extremely
bad experience with International paint - some people say because
International mixes the paint that is sold here in Thailand.

Bummer, Devoe makes good products. The only advice I can give germane
to your location is, what kind of anti-fouling does the Thai military
and/or gov't vessels use? I bet it's TBT. And I bet that a guy who
knows the right people can get some too.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

The last time I was in Penang and talked to a chemical shop there the
owner said "I'll keep selling TBT as long as the Malaysian Navy uses
TBT based anti fouling".. So you are probably correct. unfortunately I
can't buy it.

Bruce-in-Bangkok
(correct email address for reply)